Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Cancun Honeymoon!

Howie and I spent 11... yes 11... days in Cancun! We flew first class and stayed at the JW Marriott (THANK YOU momma and poppa Harmer!!) We kept getting hit with storms so half the time we were there it was extremely windy or rainy but we enjoyed every second of it! We did a lot of little excursions, drank pina coladas, laid on the beach, drank pina coladas, ordered room service a few times a day (which nachos was a daily order! The guacamole there was the best guacamole we have ever had!), and did I mention drank pina coladas. Mmmm! Just thinking about it makes me want to go back!

A view from our balcony (notice the palm trees blowing blusterusly (I think I just made that word up.)

The first pina colada of about 50.

Our first date was at Hard Rock in Vegas so now it is a tradition to hit a Hard Rock where ever there is one. Yes I am wearing a Jazz shirt. No I do not like the Jazz... I did it for Howie. =o)

Del Sol Cancun!

This was at Xcaret! The most beautiful place in Mexico (that's just my biased opinion but I'm sure anyone that has been there will agree.) We were just walking and all of a sudden this GIANT THING crawled right past me and I freaked out and was yelling. This was as close as I was going to get to the thing.

This is the guy up close! GINORMOUS!!!

I told you it was beautiful!

Enjoying a little shade (and a pina colada) which was much needed! I got fried but refused to put on sunscreen! =o) I was hurting the next day though... blisters to be exact.

Ahhh the good life

Chitzen Itza!!! It was so bloody hot and humid (pushing 100 degrees with 100% humidity) but our beloved tour guide didn't let that stop him! He spent 2 hours (which felt more like 8) explaining EVERYTHING and we don't remember ANYTHING because we were trying not to die!

We had 1 bottle of warm water for 3-4 hours but our guide never gave us a minute to go grab more and we didn't want to be rude and ask. This is me pouring the last few drops on me.

And this is Howie trying not to die!

On the way home we stopped at this "cenote" which is like a huge water hole! It was so refreshing to jump in after our long, hot day! Not to mention it probably has a 100% WOW guarantee... I'm pretty sure we said "WOW" a million times! (The WOW guarantee is for all you "Del Sol'ers" out there. Ha ha ha!

Howie and I jumping in! Blurry but our camera man did his best. =o)

Every girl we saw in Mexico, having her picture taken, posed like this... so I wanted one like that too.

We even went golfing! I gave up after I lost 7 balls and Howie lost his last ball on the last hole so we didn't get to finish but it was still fun. Ha ha ha!

This was at an outdoor adventure course called Xplor. It was so fun! We did miles of ziplines, some into the water, drove an amphibious vehicle through a jungle and underground caves, and paddled on a paddle boat in underground caves. And yes we got to wear these, handy dandy, helmets the whole day!






One of our many storms rolling in. This is on the beach at our hotel!

This was at Senor Frogs... lookin' good babe... lookin' good! Ha ha... If you're trying to decide if this real... don't worry... it's just their bar stools. =o)

A few minutes after we sat down, Howie started laughing and pointed up behind me. I turned around to find this sign above my head.

Just chillin'... Cancun style!

We had a king size bed but Howie must have wanted to give me as much room as possible... one morning I found him sleeping like this... on the nightstand!

If you look closely, you will see Howie... the only one in the swimming pool, in the middle of a huge storm! He didn't let it stop him! However, I sat under the umbrella and just watched. Call me a party pooper but I guess growing up in a super hot place, it has to be somewhat hot and sunny outside for me to get in the pool. It was kinda chilly.

Our last night we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It was SOOoooo good! We told them we were there for our honeymoon. When they took us to our table it was set up with heart confetti shaped as a heart, and our dessert came out and said "Happy Honeymoon" in chocolate. It definitely topped off our trip perfectly! Not to mention the food was incredible!

1 comment:

  1. What a great trip! You two look so in love and obviously love to have fun together.

    And I love Del Sol, I have the coolest nail polish from there that, of course, changes color in the sun.

    ReplyDelete