Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Wedding Day!

Howie and I were sealed for time and all eternity on June 26, 2010 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. It was a perfect day and our ceremony was beautiful! We felt so blessed to have so many of our family members and a few friends there to witness our marriage. I can't even write about it without getting emotional... remembering the feelings and strong spirit that was in that room that day. Elder Jeffrey Swinton was our Sealer and performed an incredible ceremony that we will forever cherish and remember.
Our ceremony was in the afternoon so we had to go straight to our reception to get some last minute pictures with our family and bridal party. We had such a fun reception!! It was exactly how I had envisioned it! I must give a lot of the credit to Howie's sister, Brooke! I asked Brooke to be in charge of setting up everything and she did exactly as I asked along with help from all the bridesmaids and groomsmen and a few others. We are so lucky to have the best family and friends ever! We had so many people come and I was surprised at how many people I never would have expected to be there, come! I got teary eyed (I blame the birth control) seeing a few old friends that I hadn't even talked to in months or years! We danced the night away with family and friends (our DJ rocked!!! If anyone ever needs a good DJ let me know, we HIGHLY recommend him) and the whole day was a dream come true! Here are a few pictures from the temple and reception.
Just coming out of the temple after our ceremony... if you can't tell it was a very happy moment. =o)
All our family and friends there to support us! The photographer was quite impressed by how loved we were... said it was the biggest group he had ever seen!
My Family. Kenzie LOVES her Uncle Howie! Not sure what Mindy is pointing at but the other picture I have, her eyes are closed. LoL! Love you saucy!
Howie's cute little family at our reception.
The setup
My 8 bridesmaids! Friends from childhood: Jen, Anna, Mindy (& sis inlaw). Other sis inlaw, Amy. Howie's sisters: Megan, Brooke Shannon. New Jersey nanny friend: Hailee. Love these girls!
Howie's Groomsmen: Cousin: Josh. College Football teammate: Jordan. Long-time friend: Drew. My brothers: Cody and Ryan.
Our "flowerboys": My nephew (the blondie on my lap) and the rest are Howie's cousins... who are more like nephews. =o)
Our flowergirls! My niece (the blondie on my left leg) and Howie's cousins... which again are more like nieces. Come one, come all! =o)
The best momma in the whole wide world!
The cutest and sweetest niece in the whole wide world! I love this girl so stinkin' much!
The most delicious cake in the whole wide world! We were going to save the top tier for our 1 year anniversary... but we didn't! We ate it (and shared it with Howie's mom who LOOOoooved it too). We decided we would just have Carrie's Cakes make us a small anniversary cake each year instead. =o)
The woman behind it all! My cousins wife/ Howie's math professor, Lorie!
We weren't very nice with the cake... but who wants to see people do it nice! Ha ha!
"Partyin' in the USA" with the kids!
Dog pile on "uncle" Howie!
It was the dance party of the year! So much fun!

Below are some pictures from bridals. We didn't LOVE our bridals for a few reasons...
1. It was WAY too early for us to get up and we looked like we were half asleep the whole day.
2. It was raining all morning. I got ready, did my hair and walked outside to it raining! I grabbed an unbrella and ran in to Howie's grandparents house (which is where he was sleeping) and by that time my hair had frizzed and flattened. However, the photographer thought it would make for some cool photos. It stopped by the time we started taking picture and we got some that we liked but a majority I felt my hair looked scraggly and our eyes are puffy(by ours I really mean Howie's. LoL! Everyone that knows Howie knows there is no trying to hide that he just woke no matter how hard he tries... his eyes show it all! At the time, Had I wished we would have rescheduled? Yes. Do I really care that much now? Eh, not really. We had fun with it. These were taken at La Caille which is also where we got engaged! =o)
The picture above is the exact location where we got engaged. Aaahhhh. =o)

3 comments: